To be noticed or successful in the World Wide Web one needs to apply sound business sense and practices. When a surfer uses a search engine to find information he will get what he needs within the first 7-10 results displayed.
This means that sites that are ranked higher than 10 are hardly ever noticed. Most of the traffic is enjoyed by those who rank within the “top ten.”
Here are a few pointers that may get you a ranking within 1-10:
1. Use relevant target keywords for your pages. Ensure that the key words are more than two words long. Put yourself in the shoes of the surfer and list what the likely search terms will be which are relevant to the content.
2. Use keywords frequently through the page but with relevance. Higher placements are recommended. Ensure that target keywords are placed in the HTML title tag. Include target words in the titles. Write titles that capture interest and attention. These are what appear in search engine listings and only if they convey the content of the pages clearly will a user access the web page.
3. Every page must have a title tag, Meta keywords tag, and Meta description tag.
4. Use text navigation with great thought. It is advantageous to use keyword phrases as links. If text navigation is not possible then try and include footer on every page.
5. Avoid search engine stumbling blocks like image maps or frames. Construct your pages such that any search engine, old or new can read the pages. Create static pages and avoid symbols in the URLs.
6. Link analysis is used by important search engines in ranking algorithms. So, it is crucial to build solid links. Ensure that the links are relevant to your web content. Think quality not quantity. The secret is in approaching sites that are non-competitive and are ranked high by search engines.
7. Avoid spamming. It can get you banned. Fight the battle for supremacy by ethical means. Just ensure that your content is relevant and interesting, layout simple, and titles attractive and teasing.
8. To maximize efficiency submit more than one page manually. Make sure the pages are good representations of your site and its content.
9. Avoid automated programs for submission of pages. Submit manually and pay attention to any problems reported.
10. Prepare your goals with thought and care. Use a designer who is aware of online architectural design principles. Synchronize content, design, and navigation. Make it user and search engine friendly.
12. Use a link analysis report which will consider your competitors plan of action and prepare a recommendation report for you that is exclusive to your business module.
Search engine placement is the cornerstone to success. It will not just ensure a good ranking but substantial increase in traffic and optimal business returns.
As an astute business person or avid cyber techie you need to view the site in a rounded way and consider not just aspects of content and design but marketing strategies and cost effectiveness.
Disclaimer: The contents of this site, such as text, graphics, images, and other materials contained on the page are for general information purposes only. This article is not a substitute for professional advice on the topics mentioned. This article does not create any form of offers to any legal or professional service. The site assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents. In no event shall the site be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action to follow the content, negligence or other tort, arising out of the use of the contents of the article. The blog reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications to the contents at any time without prior notice. The site does not warrant that the site is free of viruses or other harmful components. It may contain views and opinions which are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other author, agency, organization, employer or company, including the site itself. It also does not provide professional advice, diagnosis, treatment or any legal service. The site does not endorse official procedures, legal actions or qualified services and the use of its contents are solely at your own risk.