The way your website is designed and presented influences your opportunities to make money online. A professionally designed and well presented website will bring you a lot of customers and sales.
So, what common mistakes drive visitors away from a website?
• A template that is similar to other websites. There are a lot of website templates which, although they make things easy for you since you get a ready-to-go website for your online business; they are not good for your business in the long term.
It is not good for your business if your website is similar to hundreds and thousands others. Online customers do not want to see precisely the same website layout.
Have your own original website designed, or if you buy the ready made website template, it is highly recommended that you hire someone to adjust your template to personalize it and make it your own.
• Confusing websites. These are the websites whose layout is not efficient, and you can not easily navigate the site.
For some websites, the website name, URL and blog names do not seem related to the website’s focus. These websites can also have a lot of products and services on offer that are not related. Make sure that your website, as well as services and products you offer are focused.
• Too many graphics. Too many graphics simply make your website slow to load. For many people websites with too many graphics can be annoying and unprofessional.
These graphics do not add much to your website in terms of search engine rankings or user-friendliness, and are not therefore helpful for your online business. What is important to have on your website is distinctive, relevant and high quality content.
• Ineffective use of keywords and phrases. This is essential for your visibility on search engines. Make sure that your website is well optimized.
• A website that lacks any ‘benefits’ to prospects. Although you are selling your online business’ services or products mainly, your website must also offer the reader high quality unique information.
Also, if you offer an e-zine or e-course on your website, it must also offer some useful information. It is also a good idea that you get creative and offer many other ‘stuff’ that relates to your website. The idea is to make visitors want to come back again.
If you want to succeed online, it is important that you avoid these common website mistakes. A professional and informative website will make your visitors want to come back again, which is good for your business.
Disclaimer: The contents of this site, such as text, graphics, images, and other materials contained on the page are for general information purposes only. This article is not a substitute for professional advice on the topics mentioned. This article does not create any form of offers to any legal or professional service. The site assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents. In no event shall the site be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action to follow the content, negligence or other tort, arising out of the use of the contents of the article. The blog reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications to the contents at any time without prior notice. The site does not warrant that the site is free of viruses or other harmful components. It may contain views and opinions which are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other author, agency, organization, employer or company, including the site itself. It also does not provide professional advice, diagnosis, treatment or any legal service. The site does not endorse official procedures, legal actions or qualified services and the use of its contents are solely at your own risk.