A web directory is cyber yellow pages. It has different categories under which one can locate relevant information. Online businesses increase profitability, web traffic, and search engine ranking by submitting websites to directories.
Submitting to web directories is to broaden your horizons.
There are many benefits:
• Most directories attract considerable traffic. Surfers access specific categories of interest to them and open websites within the category. By default, the website submitted by you will get “click through traffic.”
• Spiders released by search engines will add your site to search engine indexes. And, links from directory pages are automatically indexed.
• Higher rankings on the search engine page for keywords optimizing the website. Ensure that the anchor text linking the directory to your website has a phrase that identifies or states clearly the functions offered by your website. This will provide: higher click through ratings; better rankings in search engines; a greater number of links enabled by variations in key phrases.
• Increased number of links to your web page. Surfers will find links to your website, as being in a directory means receiving many backlinks. The more the number of links the higher a search engine ranking and the greater the number of viewers or users or clients.
• Enhanced credibility. Being a part of a quality directory means that your website has been through stringent vetting standards and reviews. Internet surfers are aware that only websites of high standards are listed in a directory. Websites listed in directories with credibility means these are the sites of choice and they are guaranteed excellent content as well as services.
• A niche directory that is specific to your business will direct potential customers quickly and efficiently. The cost of submission can be quickly recovered.
• Provide simple links with high PR category pages and few or minimal outgoing links. This ensures maximized popularity links to your site, boosting rankings.
Be prudent in your choices:
• Limit the number of directory submissions.
• Submit to all established free niche directories and just a few selected paid submission directories.
• Make use of sponsored links to jump start traffic to your site.
• Find out whether the directory uses keywords or uses an editorial approach using editorial ratings.
• Discover what sponsored listings signify. These are always listed first.
• Figure out whether the directory has alphabetical ordering or a first come basis.
• After inclusion in directories of standing, get listings in search engines with site rankings.
Do your homework, make wise choices. Experts recommend selecting niche sites as well as giants like Yahoo and DMOZ. Study thoroughly the comprehensive guidelines provided by directories. Think out and plan your marketing strategy and targets. Random submissions must never be made. You must achieve a ROI, return of investment.
Disclaimer: The contents of this site, such as text, graphics, images, and other materials contained on the page are for general information purposes only. This article is not a substitute for professional advice on the topics mentioned. This article does not create any form of offers to any legal or professional service. The site assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents. In no event shall the site be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action to follow the content, negligence or other tort, arising out of the use of the contents of the article. The blog reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications to the contents at any time without prior notice. The site does not warrant that the site is free of viruses or other harmful components. It may contain views and opinions which are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other author, agency, organization, employer or company, including the site itself. It also does not provide professional advice, diagnosis, treatment or any legal service. The site does not endorse official procedures, legal actions or qualified services and the use of its contents are solely at your own risk.