We’re going to be looking at the process of creating a web site and how to make money online with your site.
We’ll take you through the steps of choosing a domain name, website hosting, designing your pages with web site templates, adding content and making money online with google adsense and affiliate programs.
STEP 1: CHOOSING A DOMAIN NAME/WEB SITE ADDRESS
To begin the creation of your website you will need to come up with a domain name or website address.
Try to get an address that has specific keywords for what your business or website is about. This will make it easier to remember and will also benefit with keywords searched for on search engines.
There are a lot of additional domain extensions to choose from .com .co.uk .co.nz .net .biz .tv etc.. A new domain extension is recently available .ws (WorldSite or WebSite) Try this domain name extension as there may be more names available than the .com’s.
Top 5 Tips:
* Make the address easy to remember.
* Choose an original domain that’s reflects what you are about.
* Include keywords in the domain for what your site or business is about.
* Decide what domain extension to use (.com, .ws etc.) a local or international domain.
* Buy multiple domains if required. Similar wording for the domain names.
STEP 2: SETTING UP YOUR WEBSITE HOSTING AND EMAIL ACCOUNTS
Once you have your domain name, you can sign up with a hosting account web server. There are many hosting account deals out there on the web.
Search around for something suitable for your website and business. It can sometimes be best to get a hosting account that is within your country. There are even hosting deals called ‘resellers accounts’ where you can create hosting for unlimited domains plus divide and sell webspace!
Top 5 Tips:
* Search online for an appropriate hosting provider.
* Choose hosting that is within your country.
* Check details for MB allowance, email accounts, databases etc.
* See if the hosting account has an easy to use control panel.
* Decide if you want to run a ‘hosting resellers account’.
STEP 3: THE DESIGNING OF YOUR WEBSITE BY YOURSELF WITH WEBSITE TEMPLATES OR USE A PROFESSIONAL DESIGNER!
If you have the skills you can design your website yourself by learning HTML or use web design software. Otherwise hire a web site designer to create your site.
If you design yourself, there is a range of software available that is freeware and shareware, although we recommend buying Macromedia Studio 8 as a professional web design package.
You can take shortcuts in your design by using website templates. Pre-designed sites that have navigation and colour schemes already created. These can save hours of time, lots of money and make your websites easier & enjoyable to design. 1000’s of free and professional templates are available on the internet.
Top 5 Tips:
* Create the website yourself or hire a designer.
* Choose suitable design software.
* Surf the internet to get ideas and learn from other websites.
* Use free or professional website templates.
* Search for free scripts and tools.
STEP 4: ADD SITE CONTENT AND PROFIT WITH GOOGLE ADSENSE!
Google adsense is a great way to earn money online and add content to your website. Google makes it easy for website designers to display relevant Google ads on their site.
Because the ads match your keywords and content, your visitors will be interested in the links, plus you will profit from the links they click on. It’s as simple as that. You can also make extra money by referring others to the program.
The first time they make $100US, your account is credited with $100US. Additional to this you can be credited $1 for every download and install of the Firefox web browser.
Top 5 Tips:
* Use text ad units for best results.
* Blend link colours to match your site.
* Place the google ads amongst content.
* Have links for referral signups.
* Place ads on all your pages and websites.
STEP 5: MAKING MONEY WITH AFFILIATE PROGRAMS!
Affiliate programs are a great way to make money online. You simply have links to products and services on your website. Once a visitor makes a purchase through your link you can receive some great commissions on sales or even simply by people clicking on your links.
Top 5 Tips:
* Sign Up to a selected few good programs.
* Create your own affiliate program for your products.
* Signup with Google Adsense to create profit fast & easy.
* Create multiple streams of income on different sites.
* Use your mailing lists to advertise your affiliate programs.
Stay tuned for the next part where we’ll look at the promotion of the website you’ve created..
Disclaimer: The contents of this site, such as text, graphics, images, and other materials contained on the page are for general information purposes only. This article is not a substitute for professional advice on the topics mentioned. This article does not create any form of offers to any legal or professional service. The site assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents. In no event shall the site be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action to follow the content, negligence or other tort, arising out of the use of the contents of the article. The blog reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications to the contents at any time without prior notice. The site does not warrant that the site is free of viruses or other harmful components. It may contain views and opinions which are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other author, agency, organization, employer or company, including the site itself. It also does not provide professional advice, diagnosis, treatment or any legal service. The site does not endorse official procedures, legal actions or qualified services and the use of its contents are solely at your own risk.